2019 BMW X5 Towing Capacity
The 2019 BMW X5 offers 6,600-7,200 pounds maximum towing capacity, and a payload capacity of up to 1,349 pounds. The new BMW X5 also comes standard with performance features like all-wheel drive to take on heavy loads and rough roads near Chicago and Oak Park. Explore BMW X5 towing, off-road towing features, and performance capabilities at Perillo BMW!
BMW X5 Tow Package
Whether you opt for the BMWX5 xDrive40i or X5 xDrive50i trim level, you can add genuine BMW accessories to enhance your vehicle’s utility, like the BMW X5 tow hitch for $550. This is a Class III trailer hitch that elevates the X5 towing capacity to 7,200 pounds.
If you want to haul a camper or boat on rougher roads with mud and dirt, the available Off-Road Package ($3,950) is a smart choice. This package will upgrade your X5 SUV with features including:
- Front/Rear Underguards: Underguards give the underside of your X5 added protection when driving on the rocky or bumpy terrain in Park Ridge.
- Two-Axle Air Suspension: This suspension system enables the vehicle to raise and lower itself by 1.6 inches when traveling at low speeds.
- Electronically-Controlled Rear Differential Lock: With the M Sport Differential, the X5 benefits from a rear-wheel locking effect that improves control during cornering.
- Four Driving Modes: These modes adjust vehicle settings to make for ideal driving in various conditions like sand, rock, gravel, and snow. Adjustments are made to vehicle height, AWD system, power steering, accelerator response, automatic transmission, and more.
BMW X5 Engine Options
The 2019 BMW X5 is offered in two trims: xDrive40i and xDrive50i, and each of their engines affect performance and towing. Find out which engine you prefer for your drives.
- 3.0L Twin-Turbo Inline-6: Standard for the BMW X5 xDrive40i, this engine comes with 8-speed automatic transmission and delivers 335 hp and 330 lb-ft of torque. The EPA-estimated fuel economy is 20 mpg city/26 mpg highway.
- 4.4L TwinPower Turbo V8: This engine is standard with the X5 xDrive50i. It also has an 8-speed automatic transmission, but delivers 456 hp and 479 lb-ft of torque, with an EPA-estimated 17 mpg city/22 mpg highway.
Test Drive the New X5 at Perillo BMW in Chicago!
Compare the BMW X5 vs. the competition to learn more about your luxury SUV options, or contact us to find out how to get the BMW X5 trailer hitch for your model. Browse our inventory to find a well-equipped new BMW X5 for sale near River Forest and Chicago!
More About BMW X5 Features
The 2019 BMW X5 is a stylish and versatile midsize luxury SUV that Chicago drivers will love. With interior amenities like the advanced Harman/Kardon Surround Sound System and a larger panoramic moonroof to let more light in and improve your commutes. Learn more about the BMW X5 interior at Perillo BMW, then contact us to schedule…
The 2019 BMW X5 offers 6,600-7,200 pounds maximum towing capacity, and a payload capacity of up to 1,349 pounds. The new BMW X5 also comes standard with performance features like all-wheel drive to take on heavy loads and rough roads near Chicago and Oak Park. Explore BMW X5 towing, off-road towing features, and performance capabilities at Perillo BMW! Learn More…
Chicago drivers weighing a BMW X5 vs. the competition, we’re proud that you’re starting with a BMW-takes-all attitude. Finding a luxury crossover that can compete with what the X5 has to offer is tough. To show you what we mean, we’ve put the X5 up against 3 of its fiercest competitors. BMW X5 Inventory Schedule…
The BMW X5 accessories at Perillo BMW make it easy to customize the appearance and the performance of your X5 SUV according to your precise tastes and demands. There are so many BMW X5 accessories that we wanted to highlight some of the most popular among our Chicago residents — but if you don’t see something…