BMW 2022 Chicago Auto Show News
Perillo BMW is here at the 2022 Chicago Auto Show, and we couldn’t wait to share the highlights from BMW’s portion of the much-anticipated event! With the debut of the all-electric iX M60 SAV® and a strong showing of powerful M Performance vehicles that could get any enthusiast’s blood pumping, the show is a must-see for fans of the brand. If you can’t make it, don’t sweat it—we’ve got pictures and details all lined up below.
2023 BMW iX M60: CAS Debut
The 2022 Chicago Auto Show was the occasion for BMW’s release of the iX M60—a more powerful variant of the brand’s new all-electric SUV. The iX M60 is a genuine M Performance vehicle, and the specs speak for themselves:
- 610 horsepower, 810 lb-ft of torque
- Estimated range of 280 miles
- 0 to 60 mph in 3.6 seconds
With two-axle adaptive air suspension, electronic dampers, Integral Active Steering, and M Sport Brakes, the iX M60 is set to deliver unforgettable thrills on the highways near Chicago and Oak Park.
Where looks are concerned, the iX M60 combines some elements that look familiar—including the iconic kidney “grille”—with futuristic, luxurious features that will leave a unique and lasting impression. Inside the cabin, a single screen runs behind the steering wheel and stretches over the center console. A crystalline rotary dial graces the minimalist, distraction-free layout, unlocking the features you’ll use day after day.
The 2022 BMW X3 M and the 2022 BMW X5 xDrive40i show off the gas-powered segments of the BMW Sport Activity Vehicle® range. Even though these vehicles will be familiar to most Chicago and Park Ridge drivers, getting up close and personal with these iconic SAVs® will be a fun experience for any visitor.
2022 BMW i4 M50 Gran Coupe
Like many manufacturers, BMW used the Chicago Auto Show to show off their full EV lineup—and the 2022 BMW i4 M50 Gran Coupe was impossible to miss.
- The model on display is capable of unleashing 536 hp and 586 lb-ft of torque.
- With San Remo Green Metallic Paint and the Shadowline exterior trim, the i4 had no trouble turning heads.
- The i4 M50 features a single touchscreen the runs the length of the dash, as well as a rotary dial controller.
2022 BMW M3 Competition
- The BMW M3 Competition was decked out in a striking combination of colors, proudly displaying the insignia of the brand’s M Performance Driving School.
- With sport seats in a bright orange, the vehicle’s interior was just as pronounced as its body.
- On approach, it was easy to imagine the roar of its 503-hp BMW M TwinPower Turbo engine—and this vehicle also includes features like M Drive, M Dynamics Control, and an M Sport Differential.
2022 BMW M5 CS
- The BMW M5 CS is lined up front and center, and its unique matte exterior was getting lots of attention from visitors. The sleek sea-green exterior was perfectly complemented by the gleaming trim finishes.
- The same sea-green tone highlights elements of the dash and doors, and a single touchscreen—positioned right above the center console—provides intuitive action to your favorite features. The heavily bolstered sport seats feature Merino Leather and Alcantara trim.
- With a 4.4-liter BMW M TwinPower Turbo V8 that delivers 627 hp, as well as all the M Performance features you’d expect, the M5 CS was more than ready for the racetrack.
Take Your CAS Experience to the Next Level at Perillo BMW
If you’re anything like most of the drivers we know, the BMW 2022 Chicago Auto Show news will put you on the edge of your seat. Even if you can’t make it to CAS this year, you can visit Perillo BMW to see your favorite new BMW vehicles in person! Contact us today to find a time to stop in, and make sure to keep up with our blog for the latest BMW news and updates all year round.