Chicago Music Festivals
Photo Credit: riotfest.org
If you love music festivals then Chicago in the summer is the place to be. With a rich musical history, there is a wide variety of music festivals to choose from depending on your tastes, so check out our guide before planning a visit to the city from Park Ridge or Oak Park!
Chicago Blues Festival
Celebrate the sweet home Chicago musical tradition at the Chicago Blues Festival, with amazing performances from Grammy Award-winning musicians of soul, jazz, R&B, hip hop, rock and more. The largest blues festival in the world started in Grant Park in 1984, a year after the death of Muddy Waters whom many call the father of modern Chicago blues.
- Where? Millenium Park
- When? Friday, June 7, 2019 – Sunday, June 9, 2019, 11am-9pm
- Tickets? FREE ADMISSION!
An estimated 50,000 people will attend the Country LakeShake, which is Chicago’s biggest country music fest. They have an expansive lawn if you prefer to chill out while listening to big-name artists like Miranda Lambert, or you can splurge to get closer to the stage, or even meet and greet passes!
- Where? Northerly Island
- When? Friday, June 21, 2019 – Sunday, June 23, 2019
- Tickets? You have a variety of ticket options starting with single day general admission lawn passes, all the way up to premium VIP Lounge 3-day passes.
Lollapalooza is Chicago’s biggest music festival, having grown from an underground festival in 1991. Today it hosts the top names from a wide range of music genres, and 2019 headliners include Ariana Grande, Childish Gambino, Twenty One Pilots, and The Strokes.
- Where? Grant Park
- When? Thursday, August 1, 2019 – Sunday, August 4, 2019, 11am-10pm
- Tickets? You can purchase 1-day or 4-day passes, with general admission, GA+, VIP, and Platinum. You can even rent a Cabana for up to 25 people to get the ultimate luxe experience.
Riot Fest started in 2005 and it is the premier Chicago festival for genres like punk, alternative, metal, hip hop, and rock. Past acts include bands from across many genres and decades, including Weezer, Blondie, the Dead Kennedys, and Elvis Costello, as well as up and coming musicians.
- Where? Humboldt Park
- When? Friday, September 13, 2019 – Sunday, September 15, 2019
- Tickets? Options include General Admission, VIP, Deluxe, and Ultimate, with Early Bird Presale tickets on sale now.
Explore the Area With Perillo BMW
To plan your visit to one of these Chicago Music Festivals, check out Chicago hotels so you can stay for the weekend, and check if the Cubs are playing that weekend so you can visit Wrigley Field! While you’re in town, you can also check out Chicago city tour, take a bite into the best hamburgers in Chicago, and try some of the best BBQ in Chicago!