2019 BMW 3 Series vs. 2019 BMW 5 Series
255 hp and 295 lb-ft of torque
248 hp and 258 lb-ft of torque
The BMW lineup is known for its world-class craftsmanship and luxurious features. The 2019 BMW 3 Series and the 2019 BMW 5 Series are no exception. There are plenty of reasons why so many Park Ridge drivers carefully consider both of these options. Before choosing one of these sleek sedans, you’ll want to know their similarities and differences, especially in terms of pricing, performance, and interior features. We compare BMW models here to help you decide which car to take home to Oak Park.
BMW Sedan Price Information
- 2019 BMW 3 Series: The BMW 3 Series is offered in two different configurations: 330i and 330i xDrive. The 330i price begins at $40,250 MSRP, and the 330i xDrive has an MSRP of $42,250.
- 2019 BMW 5 Series: This BMW vehicle offers seven configurations: 530i, 530i xDrive, 540i, 540i xDrive, and M550i xDrive, as well as two hybrid models: 530e iPerformance and 530e xDrive iPerformance. Pricing information is listed below:
- 530i: Starting MSRP of $53,400
- 530i xDrive: Starting MSRP of $55,700
- 540i: Starting MSRP of $58,950
- 540i xDrive: Starting MSRP of $61,250
- M550i xDrive: Starting MSRP of $74,450
- 530e iPerformance: Starting MSRP of $53,400
- 530e xDrive iPerformance: Starting MSRP of $55,700
BMW Sedan Performance Specs
- 2019 BMW 3 Series: The 3 Series is outfitted with a standard 2.0L TwinPower Turbo inline four-cylinder paired with an eight-speed sport automatic transmission that delivers 255 hp and 295 lb-ft of torque. It can go from 0-60 mph in as little as 5.3 seconds, and is equipped with a 15.6-gallon fuel tank.
- 2019 BMW 5 Series: The new 5 Series is also a 2.0L TwinPower Turbo inline four-cylinder paired with the eight-speed sport automatic transmission as its base powertrain offering. This combination generates 248 hp and 258 lb-ft of torque. It can go from 0-60 mph in a still-impressive 6 seconds, and it has an 18-gallon fuel tank.
BMW Sedan Interior Features
- 2019 BMW 3 Series: There are 38.7 inches of headroom, 42 inches of legroom, and 56 inches of shoulder room in the front of this base-level sedan. The seats are appointed with SensaTec upholstery, and there are 14-way power front seats. The cabin is also packed with amenities like the iDrive 6.0 system and the BMW Intelligent Personal Assistant, which allows you to easily control navigation, settings, and entertainment with voice commands.
- 2019 BMW 5 Series: The BMW 5 Series has similar dimensions with its 38.8 inches of headroom, 41.4 inches of legroom, and 58.7 inches of shoulder room. The 5 Series base trim also comes with SensaTec upholstery and passengers are sure to enjoy 14-way power front seats. Inside of the 5 Series interior, you will also find the iDrive 6.0 system, a rearview camera, ambient lighting, and Intelligent Voice Control for hands-free connectivity.
Find the BMW 3 Series or 5 Series for Sale at Perillo BMW
Now that you have seen how the 3 Series and 5 Series compare to each other, it’s time to set up a test drive. The best way to see which option is best for you is getting behind the wheel on the Chicago roadways. Contact us with any questions or to set up your appointment.