Most drivers know how to perfectly clean the outside of their windshield, but the inside can sometimes get tricky. To clean the inside of a car windshield, you will need a microfiber towel, glass cleaner, and rubbing alcohol. Then follow these steps to increase visibility and get rid of distracting streaks.
How to Clean Inside Car Windows
If the Chicago skyline is starting to get blurry, you may want to clean the inside of your windshield:
- First, wipe down the glass with a microfiber cleaning cloth to remove any grime or dirt that’s on the windshield.
- Spray your preferred brand of glass cleaner on the microfiber cleaning cloth and wipe down the inside of the windshield. This should remove any remaining substances off the windshield, but you’re not done yet.
- Apply rubbing alcohol to a clean microfiber cloth and wipe down the inside of the window. This cuts any grease that can build up on the glass and ensures great visibility.
- Another round of glass cleaner or a glass polish can be applied at the end to help give the window even better transparency.
Can You Use Windex on Car Windows?
Windex is safe to use on car windows, but many don’t recommend it on tinted windows. If your windows have been tinted by a third party, it’s best to play it safe and avoid using Windex. However, if they were tinted at the factory, you won’t experience any issues. If you’re using Windex inside the car, you won’t want to get the cleaner on the leather seats, because it can dry out or discolor the leather. You can always contact Perillo BMW and ask if your cleaning products are safe to use.
More Car Windshield Cleaning Tips
Do you still have spots on the inside of your window? Make sure you’re taking these steps:
- A microfiber cleaning cloth eliminates the small paper fibers you get when cleaning with paper towels. They’re also less likely to leave streaks.
- To reach the corners of the windshield, use a reach-and-clean tool.
- Use a circular motion when wiping with a microfiber cleaning cloth, but then wipe vertically at the end to remove streaks.
- This cleaning process can be used with all interior windows, not just the windshield.
Visit Perillo BMW for Additional Assistance
For more car care tips like how to clean your leather seats, contact our service department! We offer a rotating assortment of service specials, and we are happy to answer any questions you have.